[AMC-List] I'm looking for my old '69 BBG AMX

[AMC-List] I'm looking for my old '69 BBG AMX

Hello,

I've been an infrequent lurker on this list for the past ten years.   I've
always been a admirer of AMC cars, and one of my most painful experiences  was
the sale of our Big Bad Green AMX in the summer of 1976.  I don't  recall the
purchaser's name, but he was headed to Princeton, New Jersey for  college from
Tacoma, Washington.  I've seen numerous pictures on the net of  BBG AMX's and
always wondered if one of them could be "MY BABY".

The car was had a rather unusual set of options.  It was a 390 with Go  Pac,
four speed, 3.54 posi rear end.  The weird thing is that it came with  vacuum
wipers and manual steering.  It had charcoal woven vinyl upholstery,  a
standard AM radio, and dash plaque #10248. It came with the Magnum wheels and  trim
rings.  The wheels were subsequently replaced with Ansen 14x6 dished  aluminum
wheels. I had installed an Addco rear sway bar, an Accel dual point
distributor, Holley 600cfm carb, Hooker headers and a Sig Erson cam.  I had
fabricated and installed a sheetmetal spoiler to the front of the car.  I  would hope
that the current owner has had the good sense to correct my  indiscretions.
One thing that I truly regret is that I drilled the hood to  install locking
hood pins.

The car was purchased in Manatowoc (sp?), New Jersey in September,  1969.  I
suspect that it was a special order car intend to be drag raced  and the deal
fell through. I can't imagine a dealer flooring a car like that  intentionally.

If there is anyone out there in AMC land that knows the whereabouts of this
car, I would love to hear from them.  I know I have the VIN somewhere, but
there is 30 years of water under the bridge!  I assure that my intentions  are
pure.  I simply want to know how she has weathered the  storm.

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

Mike