[AMC-List] Weld-Up Exhaust Systems

Could be just old warped memory though.

The irony of all this is, with all the road salt the welded
system would work a lot better; water wouldn't creep into the
stupid clamed joints. ANd the clamp-together stuff would last
a hell of a lot longer in CA, with anti-seize, you probably
COULD take it apart later!

Except for actual restoration, why does anyone mess with those
annoying and rare parts?

==    ==

Conceptually and perhaps for awhile,

problem I encountered is that the welding
process destroys the 'coating' and the metal
at the weld area rots thru / perforates, before
the system is due for replacement.

Replaced the entire system 2X on my former 1989
Honda Civic Si before I hit a Deer just get rid of
the car.

   milnersXcoupe
      NEW YORK