Re: [AMC-List] X-member Q's

  As far as spotting a V8 crossmember while glancing
into a car, there are two pad mounting slots in V8
mounting perches, and only one pad mounting hole in
Six perches.  Another approach to a conversion is
simply to weld a plate of 1/8" to 1/4" steel(sized
around 2-1/2 by about 4-1/2 inches) to the six
cylinder mounts, drilled to pick up the six cylinder
mounting position and tie it to the frame and V8
mounting position.  I think that Baadass Gremlins
might have the drawings for these plates.  I have a
copy of these drawings myself, and I'll find them if
you need them.
mike