Re: [AMC-List] 360/727 from jeep to javelin questions

A: You need to take the 727 apart and swap the output shaft with a 2wd 727
one (even one from a Mopar will work. Make sure the trans pan is the exact
same shape so it's not a 904!) That or find someone with a 2wd AMC 727 to
swap. (I can forward this to the Jeep lists)

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] 360/727 from jeep to javelin questions
Cc: harry bublitz <nash126@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Info needed, I'm looking for somebody that knows AMC automobiles
inside and
out. I have a 68 javelin sst project going on i recently bought
a 1980 AMC
j10 jeep 4x4 with a 360-V8 with headers and a 727 automatic
transmission. my
question is since this is a 4x4 with a transfer case what am i
going to have
to do to make this tranny work in my 68 javelin? Unfortunately
the headers
won't work unless i pound the tubing some on the passenger side
and I'm not
willing to do that. So if any body needs these 0-miles on them
let me know
thanks. And Ed thanks for the use on your great AMC site. Harold
nash126@xxxxxxxxxxx