Re: [AMC-List] 360/727 from jeep to javelin questions

Re: [AMC-List] 360/727 from jeep to javelin questions

" From: "Harold" <nash126@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Info needed, I'm looking for somebody that knows AMC automobiles inside and
" out. I have a 68 javelin sst project going on i recently bought a 1980 AMC
" j10 jeep 4x4 with a 360-V8 with headers and a 727 automatic transmission. my
" question is since this is a 4x4 with a transfer case what am i going to have
" to do to make this tranny work in my 68 javelin? Unfortunately the headers
" won't work unless i pound the tubing some on the passenger side and I'm not
" willing to do that. So if any body needs these 0-miles on them let me know
" thanks. And Ed thanks for the use on your great AMC site. Harold

someone who knows mopars would do as well since the 727 is a mopar
tranny, but afaik what you need are the tailshaft and extension bits
from a 2wd 727.  i don't think it matters whether it's a mopar or amc
donor on that end.