[AMC-List] Hinge Bushing Surprise

Once again AMC proves you can't believe everything you
read.

I removed the passenger door yesterday on the 1977
Gremlin X intending to change the hinge bushings. The
literature says 1977 and later cars got the heavy
bushings.  I had ordered these bushings from APD.

I found that they were too big for the hinge holes and
I was cussing Doug at APD, then I decided to research
the list archives.  The heavy bushings were supposed
to fit.

Luckily I had three of the 1976-earlier bushings
(J3609194) from an earlier project and was able to
re-use one unworn bushing.  If you are intending to
re-bush the hinges on a 77 model car I suggest you
have some of both part numbers on hand.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA