Re: [AMC-List] parts pullers (was Thems The Brakes)

Re: [AMC-List] parts pullers (was Thems The Brakes)

I was in the Advance auto near work last week and overheard one of counter guys tell a women that, " You can't overcharge an A/C system"! "Just hook the can up and open the valve, it won't take in any more than it needs, Stop when it blows cold air". The guy is a real work of art and we've gone around before as he is clueless, so I didn't get involved, The girl went out with a spray can of R134a and two ther guys from Advance and they couldn't get the compressor to engage, so thankfully she had to take it to a shop without my intervention.
What a PUTZ!
He once helped me try to find a Radiator hose to match up for my American, no luck. I went back two days later and there was another guy there, He said, Oh, I know what will work and we walked over and pulled an old dusty hose off the same rack this PUTZ had looked thru two days before. Needless to say it was a perfect fit! Now if I go ina nd this guy is at the counter, I wander around till he is busy and get someone else.
  I'd go to a local parts place, but the only one left in town is a NAPA that rips me a new one everytime I go in. They charged me $39.90 for a can of brushable seam sealer! I found it online for less then $25.00. I'm all for supporting the locals, but not at those prices!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net