Re: [AMC-List] 1977 EGR numbers

well, Houston, you have a problem I think, the amc parts books lists
almost 25 different egrs for 77 and 77 up. they are not listed by
engine or anything. you have to have the numbers off of the old valve
to order the new one, and in the box for the NON OEM replacment, like
the KEM brand I just bought, or any other brand- they are all the same
it seems, just in a dfferent box, regardless if its delco or kem or who
knows- you then need the correct number off of the old  OEM original
valve to match with the directions/slip inside the new one for the
right orifice  size to pinch in there. so if the one you took out is
oem or aftermarket? are there any markings at all on it so that you can
reference back that number. the egr I bought for my 76 1bbl pacer 258
non cal is from KEM products. they have a number 877-kemparts that
maybe can help you.
the other alternative is to find another 77 car with the same
equipment,  engine size and bbl, if cal or WHA , trans, a/c etc and see
if you can read a number off of it. thats about all I can dig up at the
moment.
Regards, ken, boston.