Re: [AMC-List] My First Car

It was a 50$ 1959 Stude Lark 2 door. Next was my first AMC and new car a
65 American 440 Twin Stick Hard Top (Solar Yellow) God I miss that car.
I still have the owners manual and warrantee card and a copy of the bill
of sale I found in a file in 1984. I also scored a nice solar yellow
promo on eBay few years back and found a 65 dealers brochure at an AMC
show 5 years ago. Next was a used 69 4 door Rebel sedan I bought when it
was 2 years old and had 21,000 miles on it and already had it's first
rebuild on that POS aluminum Warner, I had this car 2 years and dumped
it at 39.000 miles. It was the biggest lemon I ever owned. Next I bought
my yellow 74 Hornet Hatchback. The best car I ever owned except for the
crap Motorola alt. I still have it. Since 1979 I have bought beaters for
the winter. I have had a 71 Chebby Kingswood Estate wagon, a 72 Puick
Skylark wagon, another 71 Impala 4 door sedan and my current beater of
7-8 years now a 77 Malibu Landau Classic. And of course now a second 74
Hornet Hatchback for the last almost 3 years. I had been looking for a
Hornet Sportabout wagon since 1999 but could never find a good one for
sale so when the second hatchback showed up again after not seeing it
around for 4 years I bought it. Once I put bucket seats in it and got
used to the column shift and added a black interior it was almost just
like driving the yellow Hornet. I'd still buy a Sportabout if I could
find a decent one for the right price.
"Doc"