Re: [AMC-List] 1977 EGR numbers

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, JOE FULTON wrote:

> Can someone provide the AMC or vendor part numbers for
> the 1977 EGR valve?  The application is a 1977 258
> 2-bbl.

I'm afraid the TSM doesn't contain EGR numbers of any kind.

There isn't an emissions chapter; there are sub-sections in 1A
(list of emissions equip used per model/engine/trans), tuneup
data (below) and more in the Fuel Systems chapter (1J).

1J-84 (1J is Fuel Systems) is only a desc. of operation,
no part numbers and barely a mention of v8 vs 6. It does
say "integral backpressure sensor.. doesn't use a restrictor
plate". But somehow I doubt there is only one EGR valve for all
motors/49/Calif. that year!

I looked through the entire index for anything even close,
besides egr, exhaust, emissions, etc. I thumbed through 6 and
8 engine sections, and specifications. Looked through carb,
all of Fuel Systems, at at Exhaust Systems.

Maybe there's an emissions errata?

Sorry! If you think of anywhere else to look in the book,
it's here by my desk.

Timing specs for 77 258, auto trans, california, from 1A

8 degree BTDC (6 manual)
700 rpm (600 49 states)
distributor: 3229719 IDJ-4002F
vacc adv: 8125438 IDJ-4B