Re: [AMC-List] First Car

 At 14, I bought a Westcoaster 3-wheeler van and
turned it into an ice cream truck, which I would drive
to school on a motorcycle license, then I would park
across the street and just clean up at lunchtime.  I
could easily sell two loads in a day, at school and
afternoons. This gave me the dough in 75 to buy a 1970
Datsun pickup at the Flagstaff dealer.  It had been a
Nissan Baja runner, 2wd with a 240z transplant with a
5 speed.  But it had to go in my parents' name.  At
16, I bought a 65 Beetle for 100 bucks that had 25
miles on it with a broken crankshaft. But it had to go
in my parents' name. At 18, I bought a 69 Javelin SST
in Big Bad Orange, with 390, tilt, 4-speed and Trans
Am wing for 425 bucks. It didn't have the roof
spoiler, it had the fake exhaust rockers, but no big
stripe. It had double pinstripes down the body break,
kinda like what Doc keeps talking about on his Hornet.
>From the same guy I got a Hunter Green 70 SST 390 with
auto, ac, white vinyl, and it had the c-stripe.
Followed quickly by a 47 CJ2a for 100 bucks that I
assembled in the guy's driveway and drove off in.
My four headlight system on my 84 Chevy van is top two
for dim/bright, all four for bright.
mike