[AMC-List] My First Car

My very first car my father bought for me when I turned 16. Mom and Dad
purchased most of their cars from Becker Lincoln Mercury in Canandaigua
N.Y. and they bought a late model used Lincoln and dad saw a 1947 DeSoto
sedan in the good to go section for $29.00. They discounted it to $17.00
and delivered it to home. I was thrilled. It was not much of a car, but
it was mine!.
It lived a short life though as I had yet to learn how to take care of
something as fine as that and due to too light of oil, it lost a Rod and
a Main before summer was out. I replaced the DeSoto with 1930 Model A
and thus added to my newly found automotive maintenance knowledge as
time passed. The Model A lasted me through High School.
Far too many years and miles have passed since then to chronologically
list things, but driving an average of 35,000 miles a year and living in
a rust belt half of my life there were a lot of them. Some better than
others.
Mostly Chrysler or AMC products as you could buy a newer one of those
cheaper than a Ford or GM car as re-sale was historically bad. Most of
my cars were used and ended up in a wrecking yard as worn out or rusted
out before they were replaced. There was the odd settlement of a divorce
(I still miss the Camero I-Roc Z28 T-Top) here and there but that
doesn't count.
I currently own a 1970 Donohue 390 5 speed car with an Edelbrock Air Gap
manifold. I have had it since 1979, it was my fathers car purchased used
in 1971. A 1980 Fuel Injected Spirit, A 1980 restified AMX,  A 1976
Hornet X Sportabout to be restored, a 1974 Hornet V8 X  Levi Hatchback
under restoration, a 1994 Saturn Coupe and a recently purchased 1996
Chrysler T&C that is proving to be quite a nice and reliable automobile
with an A/C system that will keep the cabin cool when it is 113 degrees
outside as it is today. Happiness is a working A/C. Both Hornets, the
Spirit, The Saturn and Chrysler all have A/C.
John