Re: [AMC-List] Brought home a Vigilante over the weekend...

Re: [AMC-List] Brought home a Vigilante over the weekend...

I know what you mean about the 327.
The one I have for my Ambassador is a 68 Vigilante 327, 37,000 original miles!
I paid $280 for it the Turbo 400 and the Dana 20? tranfer case and drove 10 hours round trip to get it! It all came out of a dealership plow Jeep that the rest of the Jeep rotted away due to salt and sitting all summer in a field! Inside of the engine is spotless! The guy who put it up on eBay was ticked when it only went to $280, but he didn't put a reserve on it! It was already out and ready to go when I got there to pick it up too! :]
  Take it out of the Jeep and give the rest to your friend.
Let him deicde what he wants to do with it. Unless he is into restorations he'll pull the entire driveline and replace it with something more trail worthy anyway! Thosed closed knuckle front axles are useless on the trails, Turn radius is huge!
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV