Re: [AMC-List] 64 Typhoon Project

" From: Mark Price <markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Yeah, that would work, but for the trouble of finding the parts to keep
" the iron warner, I'd go 904-999 series trans and open driveline. would
" be much lighter weight than that iron slushbox! It's really not a bad
" trans, just not well respected and heavy.

okay, for 'iron warner' sub 'ford fmx', if you could make the tt
adapter work.  they were used up to '77 at least, and in probably
bigger volume that year alone than all of amc's autos.  iirc you can
still get shift kits for them.

i was just noodling possibilities that wouldn't involve any cutting.
an open driveline with ladder bars wouldn't be much of a hack, but if
i was going that way i'd use either an aw4 or 42re with the 4.0.

unless the typhoon had a stick.  then i'd want to do either a mustang
5.0 t5 or turbo supra r154 with the 4.0, if clutch linkage could be
squared away.  i'm thinking the external-slave 4.0 bell could probably
be converted back to mech linkage with 'some fabrication'.  and i'd
want to find some way to get the shifter up through the floor without
cutting any additional holes.