[AMC-List] Brought home a Vigilante over the weekend...

[AMC-List] Brought home a Vigilante over the weekend...

...in the form of a 65 Wagoneer.  Don't really know if the vehicle is worth saving, but I've seen many Waggies from the 80's and 90's that were far worse than this.  Couldn't beat the "Buy It Now" price and the vehicle was as described.  Seller also sat on it for a few weeks until I could retrieve it.  Unfortunately, there was no title.  If its not that difficult to resurrect, I may go through the trouble of getting a title made.

Details:  3 on the tree, don't happen to know the gears.  Light blue interior & exterior, bench seats.  Breather was present in the cargo area.  I'm primarily a Jeeper, stick to AMC-powered vehicles, and saw this as a good opportunity to learn more about the older motors.  Here are some pictures:

http://i23.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/5e/4d/e3_1.JPG
http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/5b/96/7f_1.JPG
http://i3.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/64/08/a9_1.JPG
http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/58/30/13_1.JPG
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/5e/26/68_1.JPG
http://i21.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/58/38/84_1.JPG
http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/58/38/89_1.JPG
http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/5e/4d/f6_1.JPG
http://i3.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/64/08/b7_1.JPG

One question I have is about the starter.  It was present (you can see it n the floor in one pic), but off the motor and seemingly intact.  The Seller explained to me that you can't get replacements anymore and it would have to be rebuilt.  Any truth to this?  If so, can someone recommend a reputable shop, preferably in the Detroit Metro area?  If not, I'll ship it out.

-Spro