Re: [AMC-List] Center Force Release Bearings

Re: [AMC-List] Center Force Release Bearings

 I purchased a Center Force Heavy Duty clutch set for my 67 Jeep
(Kaiser) Pickup with a 327 and a t18 4 speed, the pilot bushing was the
wrong size and after days of arguing with them they finally acknowledged
that is was the bushing for the 350 motor with a different trans. Got
the "correct" bushing that was so tight that it siezed onto the trans
shaft and would not allow clutch disengagement, when I finally pulled
that apart and had a local machine shop build me the correct pilot
bushing, the clutch, with less than 5 minutes run time on it started
dropping springs out, which was of course my fault as their parts do not
ever fail. Never again.
Frosty