Re: [AMC-List] i shouldnt have

when i was 14 or 15, my first vehicle, i bought it from my uncle. a 1971 ford f100 4x4. all beat to hell, been in the family since it was bought brand new. strong drive train. paid $1000 for it. my stepdad paid $500 on it, and for the remaining $500, i changed hand line sprinklers for a guys alfalfa fields for 2 whole growing seasons. in the high altitude north west, thats not long. had 2 fields, each one had 2 lines running anywhere from 1/2-1 1/2 miles long, at 40ft sections of pipe. lots of hard work. i thank my stepdad for that. i worked my ass off for that truck, made that truck actually mean something to me. and when i broke something on it cause i played to hard in it, guess what, i had to pay my own money to fix it. no one ever gave me no more money, help, nothing on it. i was on my own. when i turned 18, my grampa gave me my 62 rambler classic. it had been sitting in his field for 20 years, when i was 16, he bet me i couldnt get it running, i got it running THAT
 day, and when i went to visit them, i drove it around his big farm. when he gave that car to me i told him it was going to become a show car, and driven with care and appriciated. just before i came in the army, i busted the ford 9" rear in the 71 ford. it has been sitting at my grandparents house where the rambler sat for 20 years. thats been almost 5 years now. the rambler, it is at ft sill where my wife is at now, drove it almost every day till i got deployed, won most unique and original classic at the local car show with it even. i had to call my grampa imediatly after the awards ceremony to tell him. by the way, i am only 23 years old now. i grew up in this late "that car aint cool i dont want it i want ...." generation. i cant stand them little bastards that are that way. i worked my ass off for my 71, and my rambler was the ONLY thing i have ever been given that was worth more than $50. i learnd "appriciation". i am very thankful to my stepdad for teaching me that
 and helping me with the $500 on my 71 or i might not have been able to afford it.

  dave stohler
  camp taji iraq