Re: [AMC-List] oil filters

That's what I got out of the Puradyn link as well.  They indicated
that Fram would be marketing some Puradyn products, which would carry
both companies names, and that Puradyn would be marketing Fram
products through their distribution system.  Puradyn is a US company,
based in Boynton Beach, FL.

 From a look at Puradyn's product lineup, it is clear that their
products are primarily for heavy equipment applications, not standard
passenger car/light truck filters.  The company history page
indicates as much; it says that the Puradyn system would be
co-branded with the Fram Fleet Care trademark.

Off topic, Puradyn's product is a bypass oil filter, not receiving
the full flow of oil.  It is designed to be installed downstream of
the engine's full flow filter, trapping particulates down to 1
micron, and has an electrically heated "evaporation chamber" designed
to boil off any fuel or water that found its way into the oil.  The
intent of such systems is to provide extended drain intervals in
fleet vehicles that undergo regular oil analysis.

--Glen

--
Glen Hoag                               '75 Pacer 258 (x3)
hoag@xxxxxx                             '76 Pacer 258 (for parts)