---- original message ------------------------
" From: Tom Jennings <tomj at wps.com
" On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Ken Ames wrote:
" > Other trannys of the same model don't need this.
" > Must be an internal leakdown of some sort.
" > I've heard that prolonged idling in park isn't good for the Chryco
" > transmissions, better to do it in neutral as there is better oilflow
and the
" > above seems to bear that out. "
" I wouldn't be surprised. I've had really good luck with this
" trans, even though it's small, air-cooled, and in a largeish car
" (Classic wagon). otoh it can't be -that- 'largeish' if a 199 will
motivate it adequately, automatic and all! Andrew Hay