Re: [AMC-List] Engine Mount Frustration

Last time I put the 4.0L in the American, I put the engine and trans in without the mounts or plates nolted up. Then pushed the engine over to the drivers side and dropped the passenger mount into the hole in the crossmember then fought the three bolts into the engine. Then I repeated the process on the drivers side. I'd do it opposite if you have the intake and exhaust on the six to contend with. Just do the easiest side to reach last.
Still a PIA, but not quite as bad as trying to get those studs in the holes. Especially if you trying to save your nice freshly painted firewall!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net