[AMC-List] Auto I-Pods

> Audiophiles are entirely correct, you do lose fidelity with the
> compressed formats, set up well though it's certainly livable especially
> in a musclecar where it's not the audio providing the primary thrills.
> The ipods through a factory head unit with some decent component
> speakers sounds pretty awesome to 95% of the population

Actually one of the reasons us Audiophiles like the I-Pod is that
it doesn't limit you to MP3s!  It also supports uncompressed .wav
files, as well as ALAC lossless compression...

That being said, in a fairly noisy environment like a car, you're
not likely to hear any difference between an MP3 and the original,
unless the MP3 has been really heavily compressed....

Anyway the sound that this audiophile likes to hear in a car, is a
really nice exhaust note as the engine winds up to the redline!

Cheers,

Dave