Re: [AMC-List] AM radio computer MP3 player...

Re: [AMC-List] AM radio computer MP3 player...

The only problem is the transmitters are all FM only. Doesn't help if
you have the original AM radio. Andrew is correct, many newer stereos
have a mini input jack on the front. Just get a cable with the mini
headphone jack on both ends from Radio Shack and plug in your CD or MP3
player.

Don't get the idea that iPod is the only player that does this! ALL MP3
players will. Belkin and others make the small transmitters, and they
will plug into ANYTHING with a headphone jack. You can use one to
transmit the sound from your computer to your stereo if the computer has
a headphone jack.

There are some LOW END stereos now with the inputs. Wal-Mart even sells
one now that has a USB port on the front for thumb drives, and an SD
card slot, for under $100! It also has a CD player. I think I'm going to
get one of those. I'm not so much of an audiophile that I have to have
top end response, just decent tunes. I like the idea of keeping a couple
thumb drives and/or SD cards in the car a lot better than a DOZEN or so
CDs! A 256MB thumb drive/SD card is cheap enough, and will hold several
CDs of music, especially when I weed out the stuff I don't like on a CD.