[AMC-List] AMC/GM Column

Got a question:

If my '67 Rebel has a Saginaw column, then if I decide to change it out for
an automatic transmission conversion, I can look for used units out of a
GM/Chevelle, correct?  My Rebel steering wheel should fit?

I realize to make sure of length and all that, plus I'd need a non-key
version, but one that has the auto shifter on the column.  IIRC, GM went to
the keyed-columns a couple of years before everyone else, yes?

Thanks,

Jim Boone
Mims, FL