[AMC-List] new cam in Gremmie...CAUTION!

[AMC-List] new cam in Gremmie...CAUTION!

First, congrats on getting further along than most of
us on your Summer project!  I am hanging sheetrock in
an unfinished basement which is also getting a full
bath, and have a Fall Tree House build, 4 door J20, 4
to 6 Eagle Kammback swap, and an SX4 to start working
on with my son.  My pristine 79 AMX 258/4spd is
sitting neglected waiting to be cruised to prove it's
WOW factor and mileage superiority, but I have NO
time!

Anyway, you need to protect your new engine components
from the metal particles floating around in your
engine.  Imagine if you had taken those gears, lifters
and cam, put them on a grinder and ground them down
just as you found them.  Then take all thatfine metal
powder and pour it into your oil... that's exaactly
what has happened.

I would at least get a Filter mag or something similar
to catch as much in the filter as you can and change
your filter/oil very often the next few months.  Spend
money on good filters!  The powder could be
impregnated and may not all come out right away.  You
might even add a good magnetic oil plug... you could
easily monitor things that way.

Personally I would contact the boys at Bulltear.com
and get an oil pump adapter that will allow you to
have true protection of your oil pump.  That powder
can really do a number in your aluminum housing/pump
area.

Might sound like overkill now that everythings running
great, however, when that oil pressure starts dropping
down the line you'll think"Pay me now or Pay me
later!"

Either way, have a great week,

Jesse Serrano, II