From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] backfire through carb
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

No suggestions on the backfire? I think I'm wrong on it being
through
the carb, it just "sounds like it" while driving. I'll pull the
air
filter (annoyin Weber clips) this weekend to make sure it's not
in the
carb. Could be I suppose.

If it were through-carb backfire, on WOT/2000rpm, that would
only be too
much advance, right? So it would be firing before the intake
fully
closes?

Through more test driving I realized it backfires a lot of the
time,
always wide open throttle under relatively low-speed, high-load
conditions.

I'll re-check timing this weekend, but I know the total was 40
or so,
and that mech and vacc advances were at least working.