Re: [AMC-List] backfire through carb

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Jim Blair wrote:

> Too retarded is more likely to cause backfire under those conditions. Also

This AM I bumped it another 4 degrees; slight pinging on hard
accelleration, and no backfire.

Total static (no vacc hose, idle) advance is now about
12btdc. This seems high to me, in spite of the TSM.  I may yank
the distrib sometime to see if the mech advance is sticking
or something; I'll RTFM and find out what total mech adv is
supposed to be (after I ascertain just what the hell distributor
is in there! Some late-ish model Duraspark job).

I suppose I should get one of those recurve kits (if I didn't
already) and do that then.

I did take your hint though on failing duraspark boxes; I
brushed off an extra one and put it in the trunk.

Thanks Jim!