Re: [AMC-List] Timing, AMXfiles technical resource link

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Winslow, Ralph (GE Infra, Aviation, US) wrote:

> There is a section on ignition timing on the AMX Files.  Go to "Resources", then "Technical", and look for timing.  The subject comes up every once in a while, but although a search returns 182 messages, there is no link to the resource guide.  Maybe next time this message will pop up.

So this wise-guy Ralph says:

Shortcut:

	Set your timing at 12 to 14 initial and 36 to 38 total. Use
	advance springs that have all the advance in at 2500 RPM. Run
	whatever octane fuel you need to avoid ping.

http://www.amxfiles.com/resource/tech/timing.html

D'OH! So I reinvent wheel! Why didn't I listen to you sooner!
I've been far, far too conservative in my engine timing settings.

Thanks again!