Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project

They may have mixed up a shipment that was supposed to go to OZ. <G> (drill
out the other side and voila!)

From: "Glenn Ford" <gcmford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project
To: "mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Corvairs had left front wheel-driven speedo throught the
spindle. I don't
think
strength of spindle would be affected by drilling out for cable,
if
practical in this
case, but GM boo-boo'd and had after-market batches of cables
made up
(I found out years later) that were made with an opposite twist
in the
cable.
I had one of those, and it totalled the casing when it unwound
after about
100 miles.
It snagged in the elbow by the wheel. I suspect there is an
easier and
better way,
probably with electronics, as Mark suggests.

Glenn Ford