[AMC-List] 3 sp transmission wanted

OK, now that I've seen my last post online, I know this route works.  I had
tried to post this a day or so ago and it never made it.

I have a stock-rebuilt '73 360 that I want to put into my '67 Rebel Station
Wagon.  Hate to do it in a way as the stock 232 runs really well and I get
~22mpg out of it.  But, I need more power as I'd like to have it tow-capable
for my other car (the '69 American mentioned in the T5 post).

I've been tossing around different transmission options.  I have both a 727
and two 998's, but truth be told, I really dislike auto's.  Just a personal
preference.

I was thinking if I could find a V8 capable 3 sp that I could put behind
that 360, and hook it up to my 3-on-the-tree somehow.  I have two sets of
the stock t96 linkage.

If someone has a good used trans out there, I'm interested.  I'd need the
complete setup, bellhousing to yoke.  My crossmember would probably work,
will have to see.  If it came out of a column shift car, the linkage would
be nice, too.

I may still go with one of the automatics, and would probably be a smarter
choice, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask about this other way.

Jim Boone
Mims, FL