or
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/nit?view=uk

Thus
Point
http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/point
or
 is there one?

SNIP
 tomorrow's American cars may not be by American motors either
SNIP
Or possibly even today's as inconceivable as it may have sounded

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2005/0501_hyundai_sonata/

in heady era of 1950

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

As the economy continued to shift to civilian production and the
automobile manufactures were pulling out the stops to present new
exciting products to the ever receptive public.

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/197.cfm

Who would have believed that a mere 56 years later the remains of Nash
would now have been gone for 19 years.

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/197.cfm

And what would remain were a strong fragmented loyalty to a bygone
company and it's inability to stay in business and an inability to work
together.

But one must not believe that we are in a minority in the support of
marques that are no longer in existence. There were somewhat over 5000
orphaned brands of automobiles, and probably close to 1000 orphaned
brands of trucks in the continental US and Canada that no longer are in
existence, how many of them can you remember.
Considering the current owner of the now defunct AMC would you be
surprised that the unforgettable Moyea or the renowned Alden Samson
makes up a portion of the family tree, or when they became a part of it?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3012/is_9_180/ai_65352730

In 1998 I started with a strong emphasis of building a minor fleet of
AMC cars that would carry me through the next 20 years or better well
into retirement and the infirmaries of old age. I would become the
curmudgeon who lived down the street with the old cars and the dated
house. I could see a muscle car (I have one) and an economy runabout
(got one of those too) these would be comfortable and safe to drive and
have A/C and as time passed a need for a station wagon arose. I have one
of those too! A nice Hornet, restoration has not started yet but it is
#2 in line to get done.

Well here it is 8 years later, I am not quite the same person I was
then, physically I am not in the best of shape but could be worse. My
need for a station wagon has outgrown the Hornet and I have found that
the Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler Town and Country not only serves the
purpose better, but is more reliable, far more comfortable, cheaper to
operate and easier to drive. Technology has not stood still. People say
that they do not make them like they used to, I will have to agree.
Thanks for that as they newer cars require less repairs. Materials are
superior as are assembly methods, sound deadeners and audio equipment.
Like many people, I can not predict what the future will bring, but if I
live long enough to see it I will have my collectable AMC car to lament
the past with and enjoy as the times will let me but I need something to
carry my Carousel carved rocking horse and the Cherry Cradle in when I
take them to be delivered. The station wagon will get
done----------------and sold as will the Hatchback. The Spirit will
probably go too in the not too distant future, the AMX and the Donohue
will hang around for quite a while yet and the parts shelves will have
to be cleaned out. I need some storage for wood and a place to put my
new band saw.

As long as I can do my own work and have a place and the tools to do it
and maybe even afterwards, I will always enjoy and support the AMC
hobby. But as time has passed both it and I have changed a bit and not
necessarily for the worse.

Have a good day
John