Re: [AMC-List] Water Temp Sender Location.

Re: [AMC-List] Water Temp Sender Location.

Frank I have the five bladed factory fan in the orange car with the
factory shroud. In the cooler running yellow car I have a 7 blade
Flexi-lite fan and no shroud. Same engines, carbs adjusted properly, and
timing set the same. Maybe you are right and the A/C condenser is
blocked with dirt and cutting down the amount of air flow. I will have
to blow it out. I should be easy as the grill is still not back in yet.
The car also has a new water pump, 180 degree thermostat, the cooling
system was chemically flushed after I got got the car and replaced the
bad heater core and installed a boiled out 78 Concord A/C radiator and a
coolant recovery tank. The previous owner had removed the thermostat as
he said it would run hot when the A/C was on. But he was a so called
mechanic and as I worked on the car I saw all the jury rigging he did.
What a butcher. I will see about adding a small auxiliary electrical fan
and an auxiliary tranny oil cooled by passing the one in the bottom of
the radiator and adding a 2 quart larger tranny oil pan to help cool
things off a little more.
"Doc"