[AMC-List] (one of the) most beautiful cars I've ever seen...

[AMC-List] (one of the) most beautiful cars I've ever seen...

July 2006 Hemmings Classic Car, somehow I had got through life without
seeing photos of the pre-1952, or was it pre-production (the article is
totally unclear) Nash-Healey. Now I like the headlights-in-grille 1952
NH -- who doesn't -- but the plain thing on p. 70 is a goddamn Nash
Rambler channelled, roof chopped off, cab moved back, and to me pretty
much the prettiest two-seat car I've ever seen, bar none, no exceptions.
Inline six! Three speed! Side curtains!

Fat chance of ever owning such a thing. Even if one still exists, and I
had buckage to extract it from whoever owned it, I'd be lynched later,
because I would drive the thing, screw collectibility, parking lot dings
and all.

So I've been thinking, how could I make one? I care not for
authenticity, Cars Are For Driving. Clearly it's a stock Nash grille
(article says so and it's also obvious). Hacking a bathtub Rambler is
probably crazily impractical. It's vaguely Healey-ish, but far more
Nash-ish. Oh woe is me.

PS: I think that X-7 Tickford N-H thing the author so loves is an ugly
P.O.S.; exactly the sort of styling sins the British made at the time,
should require jail time for the designers. Looks like it just crawled
out of bed with the blankets dragging behind on the way to the toilet.