Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic custom

" From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" so, i just bought that t86/r10 overdrive. guy said it does not have the
" solenoid or governor tho.
" []
" sombody told me that the t86 is a top shifted unit. my 96 is shifted
" on the SIDE. i am really going into uncharted territory now. hehe.

the person who told you that was probably a jeeper; they were that way
in trucks, but side shifted in cars.

" does anyone know what gear ratio is in the 62 classic 196 rear end?
" or did they come with several?

just guessing - several, i'd think, and probably steep if your 196 was
a flathead.  maybe 3.31 - 3.58 with an ohv and o/d.