Re: [AMC-List] Discs on a Classic

On May 18, 2006 Matt Haas wrote:

> Using factory springs on another make's axle wouldn't be much of a
problem
> (outside of axle tube diameter which is solvable) but from an
appearance
> standpoint, the axle needs to move back about 2 inches to center it in
the
> wheel opening. IMHO, if you're going to go to the trouble of dumping
the
> torque tube, you might as well center the wheel in the opening.
>
> Matt

Now if Ed Anderson wanted the wheels centered in that long sloping wheel
well instead of neatly tucked up front, he'd have put it there!!! ;>
Seriously, I guess it's just a matter of preference. The wheel is
centered on the highest part of the wheel well, which gives it a "tucked
in" look, but the wheel well is rather long.