Re: [AMC-List] Discs on a Classic

Using factory springs on another make's axle wouldn't be much of a problem
(outside of axle tube diameter which is solvable) but from an appearance
standpoint, the axle needs to move back about 2 inches to center it in the
wheel opening. IMHO, if you're going to go to the trouble of dumping the
torque tube, you might as well center the wheel in the opening.

Matt

At 11:11 AM 5/18/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>I mentioned the torque tube set up on the Classic as I
>assumed the poster was getting a non-AMC rear for the
>discs. Chances are the 62 Classic springs won't line
>up to the donor rear, so they will have to contend
>with that. Also they will have to hook up some sort of
>torque link or control arm, the 4-link aftermarket
>set-up looks promising. If you go the Fomoco route you
>might consider a Mustang II front end. You can use the
>Fomoco brakes and upgrade to the purty 13" colored
>rotors out there, put some gangster 17's on and you
>are profiling.......russ

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com