Re: [AMC-List] amx disk brake kit for 62 classic

Re: [AMC-List] amx disk brake kit for 62 classic

Now this is a well thought out answer!
I've looked into and am planning on low bucking some 12" discs on the front of the American. As usual the project is stalled by me doing to much at the same time.
But, On the front or rear without ebrake you can bling it up a bit at a lower price by using 13" Mustang Bullett style rotors and calipers. A pair of brand new Calipers can be had for less than $200 from Summitt, figure $100 each for drilled slotted rotors Then pads ETC: The mounting plates are easy to design and most metal fab shops have neat things like Lazer and water jet cutters now! Figure another $200-$300 to design and buy plates After all this you will be looking at $1500 with misc and a lot of time doing plate design and making it all fit. If you like doing that kind of stuff go for it. Savoy64 or 64savoy on AMCforums designed my plates, They mount 82-83 Concord/84-89 XJ calipers using 84-89 XJ caliper brackets. These go over 99 up WJ 12" rotors redrilled to 4.5" pattern and will clear 16" wheels easy and certain 15" wheels. I will have to sand down new brake pads slightly as the rotor is thicker, but I prefer this over turning down the new rotors. Since my American has the Calipers in place I will have less then $200 in the upgrade with new rotors! If I ever get down to installing them.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net