Re: [AMC-List] Paint Job or Snow Job?

Kim,

Yeah, show paint ain't cheap. From the sound of it, they don't
really want your job, but if you're willing to pay their price
they'll do it. Restoration shops do worry about their reputation.
If they do "cheap" jobs, word gets around that their work is crap.
I had my Javelin done at a shop run by a friend. Before that, one
of his first jobs after he opened the shop was my daily beater
Chevy pickup. He did a good job, but he didn't want me to tell
people who did the work because it involved a lot of bondo.

As for your Gremlin, I love 30 year old cars with original paint.
You say ther's no rust, just a few dings. If they're not that big,
I would be inclined to detail the existing paint and ignore the
dings. There are shops in this end of the province that advertise
paintless dent repair. There must be some in the GTO. A cheap
respray wouldn't hold up over time like the original paint, so you
would end up having to strip the car and paying big bucks anyway.

Just my .02 worth.

Ross Blair
69 BBO Javelin 390
Ottawa, Ont.