[AMC-List] Paint Job or Snow Job?

Kim
SNIP
Jason started telling me that the car needed at least 400 to 500 hours
of
work for prep and paint - equate to around 25 to 30 thousand dollars.
You read it correct
folks 30 thousand dollars (Canadian but still alot of money) to paint my
frigging car!
SNIP
Keep in mind, the term dings and rust can be VERY relative and can range
from holes that can be covered by your hand to the factory under body
paint is still the same color it was when the factory painted it and a
hose will clean off the street grime. Dents can have the same
relativity.

SNIP
Now my question to the list, I want to get the car painted, but I don't
need
a concours paint job, how much should I expect to pay.

Kim Bueler ' 75 Gremlin X 360 V8
SNIP
A realistic number than you can expect to have to fork over for a decent
driver paint job that you can be proud of at cruise night will be in the
neighbor hood of $3000 to $5000. Painting is labor intensive and labor
is expensive and today materials can be expensive too. I have seen paint
that can be purchased almost anywhere for $4500.00 gallon. Also keep in
mind that at $3000.00 that is a neighbor hood that you may not want to
be in after dark.
Astute shopping can alter that a bit, as can doing as much prep work
your self such as chrome removing and re-installing.
Many of the above reasons is why I have purchased equipment and learned
to do my own paint jobs. And I am still learning. When you watch Barret
Jackson sales or any deep pocket auction automotive sales many of those
high zoot cars have $30,000 paint jobs or something approaching that
number. That is part of the price of restoration.
John