[AMC-List] 232 in Classic

Tom J. wrote:
snip
I seem to specialize in pointlessly, needlessly,
complex tasks. Ergo,
the '70 232 in the '63 Classic -- in 1988, with noone
to ask, I had to
rummage around to figure out I needed a V8 x-member.
Stupid task.
Just as a point of interest (hopefully) a previous
owner transplanted a 232 into my 64 Classic by using
pieces of 2 x 4 channel iron to raise the motor mounts
on the original 6 cylinder crossmember.  The 196 must
be taller than the 232 (makes sense with the longer
stroke).  It's a clean installation, but the homemade
perches do indicate a transplant.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA