Re: [AMC-List] Nick's Old Truck

" From: JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" A good resource for Chevy trucks and restoration in
" general is www.stovebolt.com.  If it were mine I would
" try to keep it original or put a later 235 Chevy six
" in it.  I wouldn't butcher a truck and put an AMC
" powerplant in it just to show the Chevy guys.  I think
" the same downsides would apply to this swap as to a
" non-AMC powerplant in an AMC.  It just wouldn't get
" any respect.

if i was gonna stick with a stovebolt i'd go for a '60 +/- 261, the
largest version, but as the gmc even then shared chassis with the
chevy i don't think dropping a jimmy 302 in would be a hack since it
could be done with all factory parts.