Re: [AMC-List] Non AMC Power Steering Question

Re: [AMC-List] Non AMC Power Steering Question

" From: "Robert Sliko" <robert.sliko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I have a 1999 Windstar that is making lots of whines and is foaming out the
" fluid through the resevoir.  I changed the fluid which seemed to help for
" one day, now it is back to spitting fluid out the resevoir.  So is it the
" pump or is it the rack, or what do I need to check?

probably what you've got is air trapped somewhere in the ps system.
the pump whines as the bubbles go through it, and when the system's
off and they expand from 900psi back to 14.7 they make the reservoir
overflow.

i don't know if it could be sucking air from a crack or worn seal.
that the problem recurred suggests that though.  did it leak any fluid
that first day?