Re: [AMC-List] Nick's Old Truck

Joe,
  I'm sorry but I think an AMC engine in Nick's Chevy truck would get a
lot of respect! Just think of all the non-Chevies that have Chevy engines
in them. And using the word "butcher" is wrong. When a car nut modifies
his car it is not butchering it, it is doing what you want. A free
country remember. And as far as a person putting a non-AMC engine in an
AMC, that is their choice. At NAMDRA's annual AMC NATIONALS we require
AMC power to run in our races, but that is what the majority of the
members want, so we respect that. We do have a class in our car show for
non-AMC powered vehicles and some real nice AMC's have entered this class
over the years.

On Mon, 1 May 2006 17:57:35 -0700 (PDT) JOE FULTON
<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> A good resource for Chevy trucks and restoration in
> general is www.stovebolt.com.  If it were mine I would
> try to keep it original or put a later 236 Chevy six
> in it.  I wouldn't butcher a truck and put an AMC
> powerplant in it just to show the Chevy guys.  I think
> the same downsides would apply to this swap as to a
> non-AMC powerplant in an AMC.  It just wouldn't get
> any respect.
>
> My 0.02.
>
> Joe Fulton
> Salinas, CA
>
> or go to http://www.amc-list.com

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA     NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168 (262) 843-4326
          JOIN NAMDRA, the best AMC club around!!!
'06 AMC NATIONALS - SEP. 14-16, 2006 - CORDOVA DRAGWAY PARK, CORDOVA, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974,  NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766