Gremlin Garage surives The Blow, tarp doesn't...tree on "free" Gremlin?

Gremlin Garage surives The Blow, tarp doesn't...tree on "free" Gremlin?

 Well, the Gremlin Garage surived, as did all the cars. Only
causulity was a tarp on my sunroof Gremlin, it was dryrotted, so it
split and came off. Other than that, only a few stray leaves and
branches marr the yard around my house ( just looking from the back
deck ). The trees stayed up ( well, one behind me at another house
looks like it's no longer there, will go see later on ). Actually,
there was some leakage of water from the roof into my house, I had
water dripping down the upstairs bedroom wall, and into the ceiling
below downstairs, although thought I had fixed that problem a year
ago when part of the roofing blew off. Guess not. :( Will call my
insurance company to see if they'll pay for it , though. If it's
under $500, they won't. Oh well.
Got a call from my friend Sean south of me, he said a tree had
fallen in his driveway, and "might" be on the Gremlin ( the free
one ), he wasn't sure. It fell parallel with the driveway, might only
be a few branches near it or hit it, he did't go around the side of
the house to check last night, only knew the Gremlin was in the
general area. I'll know more today, I hope, and it'll be good news. :)
Called work, got no answer, so guess no one showed up for work as
of 8 am this morning. Not in a hurry to go in,either, with all the
problems on the roads ( trees, flooding, etc. ). So, guess I may go
walk around the neighborhoods to see what damage has happened.
Probably will call it off going to work anyway. :) I live in northern
Virginia, the storm track stayed west instead of veering more north
like they predicted, so we didn't get as much rain and wind as they
first predicted. I think we're lucky here, really. My house caught
most of the wind, as did the trees, my Gremlins were barely ruffled
by the winds for the most part, as my driveway is surrounded by 20'
tall pines and a fence on one side, and the house and deck and fence
on another. Even my shed and little rain awning on the garage
survived the onslaught of the Isabel, so I guess my carpentry skills
are ok. LOL.
I pray that everyone else gets away with minimal damage as well,
looks like most of the worst went to the mountains, and they got
about 18+ INCHES of rain last night! Whew! I'm sure we'll get some
flooding from the rain waters when it comes back down our way in a
few days, though. Alexandria, VA is hit hard in Olde Towne, water is
flooding two historic blocks ( as usual). We had our power flicker on
and off all last night, but never really lost it longer thana few
seconds.
Well, guess I'll call in work again, see if anyone showed up, if
not, I'm not going in. Thats' the weather report from Virginia,

Jerry Casper