swing outs

Hey Karla, The swing out rear windows. I have a '76
Grem with them intact. Of course the car was basically
driven to death so it is only good for parts now.
Non the less it has them, I'm having trouble figuring
out how to take them out because I wanted to add them
to my 1973 X. I have seen a few Grem ads with the
swing out windows in them dating from '73. I'm
thinking it's one of those things like the sunroof
Gremmies, couldn't have made many like that. out of
seven Gremlins I have collected ranging from '71-'76
it is the only one I have ever seen with them in.
And beleive me I have looked at a lot of Gremmies
besides my personal collection as well. Another
interesting thing, out of seven grems I have collected
only three are repairable the rest have been loved to
death. I suspect if I lived in a warmer climate They
all would be fixable but unfortunatly in MN the rust
sorta takes over and before log there isn't much car
to fix anymore, as is the case with the Grem with the
flip outs. I originally wanted to fix the car, I
rescued it from an impound lot. It was really rusted
and someone broke the ignition. I fixed the ignition
and started the car to find out it had a blown
connecting rod (ouch). So, since I had another '76
Grem that was from Geogria with a melted interior I
decided to strip the rusty Gremlin and transfer all
her good peices to my rustfree car. Well it was
rustfree, it has some rust through now but it is
fixable so I'm still moving forward with the resto.
at any rate I have blabbed enough.
Take care, Kevin