Re: [gremlintime] distributor vaccum advance hose?

Re: [gremlintime] distributor vaccum advance hose?

Cullen,
I know thias one because mine is the 258 with manual trans too...I also have the one barrel carb on mine. The hose goes on the front of the carb on the bottom, if your carb doesnt have the hole on it, then connect it to the rear port directly on the bottom closest tothe intake manifold. some YF carburetors have the spark port on the front while others (ford and chrysler use) are on the back of the carb. theres no other place on the engine to hook this because it requires regulated vaccum (mainly manifold vaccum that occur when you hit the gas). I hope this helps you in hooking your hose up and the only dissadvantages of it not working is that it will run like crap.

Charlie
Lancaster Oh
75 258
77 Hornet Sportabout 258-2