distributor vaccum advance hose?

I have a question that hopefully you all can answer. I was adjusting
my timing because it got out of wack, and I noticed that I have been
driving my car without the hose from the vaccum advance even hooked
up. Where does it go? I have a 76 with the 258 / manual trans.
Still have the original 1 barrel FY carb on it, too. It would make
sense for the hose to go on the carb somewhere, but for the life of
me, I can't find where it would go. I found in my Hayne's manual on
the bottom of my carb there is a port called the "spark port" but I
can't find it on my carb. Is there anywhere else on the engine that
provides the vaccum that is needed for the vaccum advance?
Furthermore, does it matter where the vaccum comes from - I mean,
does it have to be a certain amount of suction/pressure, and if it
does, how can I measure it to make sure that I am hooking it up to
the right place and it is functioning properly? Thanks for any
answers.

Cullen Swanson
Clovis, NM
76 258/manual