Re: [gremlintime] Newbie to board needs advice

me I have a grill for a '75 gremlin X, it doesn't fit my '77 but it might fit your '71 I don't know. the grill only has one little chip in it. I might be willing to sell it, that's if it fits a gremlin that someone has out there.

From: mwoodstrup <mwoodstrup@xxxx>
To: <gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [gremlintime] Newbie to board needs advice
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 20:36:02 -0600

on 12/3/01 7:59 AM, reisen71@xxxx at reisen71@xxxx wrote:

> Hello everyone..had to post to see if anyone out there can help us.
> Back in June I bought a 71 gremlin for my husband of 20 years it was
> his anniversary present. For christmas I am having it repainted and
> a fresh 258 put into it for him. He is desperately looking for a
> good grill, he has amassed the few other parts that he needed but
> this is one of the things that is stumping him. Any suggestions on
> where to look for this?
> Thanks in advance for any help offered
> Renee

Renee,

That is probably the hardest part to find on a 70-73 Gremlin. They all
cracked at the top over the headlights. Not a strong design. It that is
all that is wrong with your current grille you probably won't find one
better. If you find a good one it will cost of $$$. Did you ever think of
putting a Hornet Grille in? A 70-73 should work and early ones are all
aluminum! Look good and are much stronger than the Gremlin. Should have a
easier time locating one. These made a ton of Hornets .... wagons, 4
drs....

--

Matt Woodstrup
Windy City Rambler/AMC Editor