Good salvage score... Am/Fm/CB radio in '78 concord

Good salvage score... Am/Fm/CB radio in '78 concord

 After futilely hitting a lot of Dollar Tree stores for the small Coke
glasses ( that have apparently sold out ), I visited one of my fav junk
yards, the ol' Richmond, VA variety of Pick-N-Pull. Only AMC there car-wise
was a '78 Concord, yellow with cream vinyl top. Straight 6, auto. Several
nice items on the car :

Tilt column
luxurious seats, although passenger side wouldn't stay upright.
AM/FM/CB radio, damaged some but possibly fixable.

Had what looked like two big-block heads in the trunk, non-AMC. staggered
valves. I didn't bother looking too closely. I was down to $11 at this point,
the damn stinkin' bank machine earlier decided to keep my card. !%*@& So, I
went up to the office to check to see whether I'd have to pay $5 or $15 for
the radio...$5, they said. {{{{{{{SNATCH!!}}}}}
It is also missing the face plate and knobs, but everything else was there,
and not damaged, so I bought it. I now have 3 of these Am/Fm/CB radios,
hopefully I can get one good one out of the 3 to install back into the
Gremlin GT. I noticed the label on the radio stated it was Made in Japan by
Mitsubishi Electronics for AMC. Oh well, so the AMC parts weren't all USA
made. :) Maybe I can still get it fixed if I send it to Japan! LOL.
I wanted the AMC steel rims for spares, one nice one in the trunk, one on
the ground behind the car. But I'll have to go back, I guess. I would also
like those seats, a little dirty, but could be cleaned up, and would fit
nicely in the '71 Sunroof Gremlin which needs seats BADLY. They were plush,
too. I might also grab the column, not that i really need it.
Only other AMCs were a couple of Jeeps, with v-8s, and again, both
distributors missing the gear on the end...there must be gold in them, every
time I see one, it's missing the gear! I know someone had wanted the A/C
pulley setup, so maybe I'll grab a set of V-8 and 6 cylinder pulleys and
brackets, actually my '74 Gremlin needs the bracket as my friend got that. So
I think another trip south next week will be in order, to try to salvage some
more parts before the crusher gets it. Looks like someone has been wrenching
on it, parts were laying on the top of the motor, trim parts. Hope they
didnt' want the radio! The driver's door was also gone, the fenders and pass.
door were still there. I don't really need the fenders, though. Anyway,
that's my JY report for the day, if anyone needs any other specific parts off
it, better tell me now, I might grab them for ya. Later,

Jerry
long day on the road...