Gremlin Garage continues to get "tuneup"...(long)

Gremlin Garage continues to get "tuneup"...(long)

 Been happily making progress, and made some more today and tonite. I
spent time doing some more electrical work, I got a new dual light mounted
over the inside doorway, so now I can see the front of the garage area
clearly now. Youch, it needs cleaning and organizing! Turn off that light!
LOL. I mounted the fixture a hair low, the last door panel hits the bulbs
when it closes, so I'll probably readjust the angle to see if I can make it
clear them without having to move the entire fixture.
I also got an old gate cut up, more like "downsized", to put beside the
garage to block the view along the fence , where all my tires and wheels and
canoe reside. Not a pretty sight right now! I'll see about mounting it to a
post already in the ground by the fence on Sunday. The awning is pretty much
finished except the fence end, I'll tack it down soon enough, though.
I have been coming up with more Garage McGyverisms, I have an old
car-trunk mounted bike rack that was long in the tooth, so I took it apart to
compact it for trashing...hmm. I can use the arms to hang up the bikes on the
walls...and the big V tubes I can mount on the walls as well, to hold long
trim or boards or pipes or whatever! Won't throw any of THIS thing away! LOL.
I have some old recessed ceiling lights that don't mount easily to anything
else, I found some old S brackets in a storage tin, and screwed one onto the
fixture base, now I can put some of these lights into the Gremlin shed in the
overhead beams. I was also given some old coat racks from a remodeled middle
school from my tile friend, some are 12 feet long, some are overhead T-hook
types. I already mounted one in the shed, I will mount more as soon as I can
get around the Matador. I am also converting an old outside electrical outlet
and conduit for a Halogen lamp addition, and mount it alongside the side door
(outside), so I'll have outside electricity and lighting for the side
driveway. Need a few more pieces to fix that up, I already searched thru my
electrical salvage, and had used the last weatherproofed cover on my front
garage lights tonite. Oh well, guess I'll have to spend a few $.
So, the garage is looking better, too bad I've done nothing to the
Gremlins lately...well, got to have a working infrastructure before real
progress can be made on the cars, after all! Its so nice to have working
tools that do the job for me. So, with a little more organization, I will be
happy to resume my efforts on the Gremlins soon before any snow hits. I would
like to get the front left caliper changed on the sunroof '72, then see about
tagging it, even if it is cold, it can still be driven. I think that's all
that's wrong with that car. We'll see.
Well, time to hit the showers, read my new Woodworking magazine, read the
paper, then call it a night for sure. G'nite, everyone,

Jerry