Re: Longest Gremlin owners, Sunroofs, etc....

Re: Longest Gremlin owners, Sunroofs, etc....

 Wow, BMP, you take the record, I do believe! And you have one of the
rarer early non-hatch Gremlins still around?! INCREDIBLE! I've never seen one
of those "live", like I hadn't seen the Sunroof car either until 1.5 years
ago...now I will have two soon. The Sunroof , the large canvas rollback type,
was a factory-offered top by AMC, it was initially offered in the Spring of
'71, then it became available to other models later, including the Matador
Coupe, so I understand. Small sunroofs were available, and more common, and
undoubtedly cheaper, as the canvas ones spanned the entire roof. Although in
'71 they advertised them as "free" when you bought the car. I have a '71 and
a soon-to-be picked up '72 Gremlin with this rare canvas roof. Give us some
more info on you, B....where you live, your "history" with AMC, etc. Any
humorous things you've had happen in the Gremlin, etc. Unfortunately, my
Gremlin "history" has consisted mostly of "owning", and little "driving"....I
have MAYBE 10 miles combined in two of the 6 Gremlins I own now, in over 5
years? Hope to destroy that record in one DAY when my '74 Bronze Gremlin goes
online soon, and my orange '78 GT finally gets the finishing repairs to make
it roadworthy this year. Anyway, thanks for your commentary, B. Take care,
time now for work!~

Jerry

Woodbridge, VA